Attention all Richmond-area open water swimmers: thinking about your swim in the James this afternoon? Paranoid after all that rain it might be canceled and you might not get your evening swim in? Look no further than the National Weather Service’s Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Services. Updated frequently, it gives a hydrograph which displays the height in feet of the James River at Westham, which is probably near where your swim will take place. It won’t tell you whether or not your group is still meeting, but if the river is above 9 feet, it’s illegal to swim or do any water activities without a permit.
- Summer of 2013 ocean swims
- Manhattan Island Marathon Swim
- Why is this woman smiling?
- Smith Mountain Lake Swim – Upcoming event
- Glossary of (pool) swim terms
- Chris Greene Lake: a first-timer primer
- Inaugural Seaport Swim (1/2 mile and 2 miles) – Washington, DC
- Pancake Pentathlon Swim Meet (San Diego)
- “Open Water Swimming” is bicoastal
- Swimming myths