DCRP is putting on its 28th annual long-course swim meet on Sunday, July 19, 2009 at East Potomac Park in Washington, DC. While this USMS-sanctioned meet takes place in a(n outdoor) pool and not a bay, river, lake or ocean, I thought it deserved some publicity. This pool is one of the most beautiful I’ve ever swum in: It’s 50 meters, 8 lanes, and overlooks the Washington Monument. It’s probably one of the few chances you’ll get to swim in a long course, outdoors meet on the East coast. The meet is only $5, plus $5 per event, to enter. Events range from 50s of each stroke to the 400 free and 400 IM.
- Summer of 2013 ocean swims
- Manhattan Island Marathon Swim
- Why is this woman smiling?
- Smith Mountain Lake Swim – Upcoming event
- Glossary of (pool) swim terms
- Chris Greene Lake: a first-timer primer
- Inaugural Seaport Swim (1/2 mile and 2 miles) – Washington, DC
- Pancake Pentathlon Swim Meet (San Diego)
- “Open Water Swimming” is bicoastal
- Swimming myths